Our Expanded Offerings of PPE for COVID-19
To aid in the fight against COVID-19, we here at Vervelife have expanded our product offerings to support the healthcare industry to the best of our abilities. To do this, we have added 2 new products to our shop.
Face masks have become a key recommended measure to limit the spread of COVID throughout the population. Therefore, they are considered a vital piece of COVID PPE. It has also proven difficult to acquire masks at a rate that is sustainable for the entire population. In response, Vervelife is offering reusable cleanable masks that can be disinfected and used repeatedly. This will make the use of face masks as a form of PPE for COVID more accessible and reliable for all members of the population.
Reusable Antibacterial Face Masks
- Good airflow and breathability
- Washable multiple times without losing effectiveness, even at high temperatures – ≥160°F (≥71°C)
- May be steam cleaned at temperatures between 212°F(100°C) and 270°F (132°C)
- Ironing is permitted at temperatures up to 365°F (185°C).
- Silvadur™ antibacterial protection integrated into the fabric
Soft, skin-friendly TriFlex™ fabric with 3D Stretch for optimal comfort. The clean-finished, soft edge under the eyes does not leave an imprint on the skin surface.
Long-Lasting Hand Sanitizer
Hand washing is one of the most effective ways to limit the spread of COVID. From the beginning, an increased focus has been placed on hand sanitation. However, it is not always possible to wash your hands with soap and warm water. To provide more opportunity for cleanliness, hand sanitizers can be used to effectively combat contaminants from hands. The Dermsafe lotion offers long-lasting protection that can be effectively combined with handwashing. The lotion helps to protect you for up to 4 hours from the initial application and has been approved by Health Canada to effectively reduce the risk of exposure to COVID. This is an excellent addition to any COVID PPE toolkit.
DermSafe® Hand Sanitizer by Ovation Science (4 x 59ml bottles)
DermSafe® hand sanitizer lotion made with chlorhexidine gluconate; an ingredient proven to be effective at killing both bacteria and viruses.
BACKED BY SCIENCE
- Kills 99.9% of harmful germs. Independent studies verify that DermSafe will stay on the hands for extended periods of time while continuing to kill a host of bacteria tested including MRSA, E-coli, C.diff plus others and viruses including A/New Caledonia H1N1 (swine flu), H5N1 ( avian / bird flu) and A/Panama H3N2 (influenza); these are all envelope viruses
- It’s an added level of defense which forms an invisible polymer glove on your hands
- Not made with alcohol, therefore, non-drying to the hands
- Proven protection using chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG); an ingredient safely used in hospitals worldwide for over 60 years (Alcohol-free so it won’t dry out your hands)
- CHG is known for its ability to bind and stay on the skin1 and its ability to kill gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria and viruses2
HEALTH CANADA APPROVED
- DermSafe has been approved by Health Canada under “Disinfectants and hand sanitizers accepted under COVID-19 interim measure” & can be identified under two Drug Identification Numbers (DIN) for personal use and personal commercial use.
- Larson E, APIC guidelines for infection control practice: guideline for use of topical antimicrobial agents. AM J Infect Control 1988; 16(6):253-265.
- Mangram AJ, et al., Guideline for prevention of surgical site infection, 1999. Hospital Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee.